The Sutherland Mortgage Services INC Web site is available for personal, non-commercial use only. Sutherland owns all of the content on the Site and none of the content or information may be copied, distributed, reproduced, published, or sold in any form without Sutherland's permission. Use of the Site constitutes your agreement to abide by all of the terms and policies set forth therein. If you are not willing to so agree, please immediately discontinue your use of the Site. This Legal Policy may be revised by Sutherland at any time at its sole discretion, with or without notice. As such, users are encouraged to frequently review this policy. The terms "we," "us" and "our" refer to Sutherland Mortgage Services Inc.
MORTGAGE BANKER ACT, CHAPTER 157, TEXAS FINANCE CODE
Pursuant to the requirements of section 157.007 of the Texas. Mortgage banker act, chapter 157, Texas finance code, you are hereby notified of the following:
COMPLAINTS REGARDING A LICENSED RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR SHOULD BE SENT TO:
THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE LENDING2601 NORTH LAMAR, SUITE 201
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78705.
A TOLL-FREE CONSUMER HOTLINE IS AVAILABLE AT 1-877-276-5550.
The Department maintains a Recovery fund to make payments of certain actual out of pocket damages sustained by borrowers caused by acts of licensed Residential Mortgage Loan originators. A written application for Reimbursement from the recovery fund must be filed with and investigated by the department prior to the payment of a claim.For more information about the recovery fund, please consult the department’s web site at WWW.SML.STATE.TX.US
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Notice
The HMDA data about our residential mortgage lending are available for review. The data show geographic distribution of loans and applications; race, gender, and income of applicants and borrowers; and information about loan approvals and denials. You may inquire about our HMDA data by sending a signed written request to the following address: Sutherland Mortgage Services INC 5959 Corporate Drive, Suite 3000, Houston TX 77036 , Attn: Compliance Officer 866- 207-5340
Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided that the applicant has the capability to enter into a binding contract), because all or part of the applicant’s income derives from any public assistance program, or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. If you have any questions regarding your rights, or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact the management of this financial institution or: The Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity, Washington, DC 20580.
The Fair Housing Act
Under the Federal Fair Housing Act, it is illegal, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, handicap, or familial status (having children under the age of 18), to:
- Deny a loan for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling, or to deny any loan secured by a dwelling; or
- Discriminate in fixing the amount, interest rate, duration, application procedures, or other terms or conditions of such a loan, or in appraising property. Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against should send a complaint to: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, Washington, DC 20410
The Housing Financial Discrimination Act of 1977 Fair Lending Notice / The Holden Act
It is illegal to discriminate in the provision of or in the availability of financial assistance because of the consideration of:
- Trends, characteristics, or conditions in the neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation, unless the financial institution can demonstrate in the particular case that such consideration is required to avoid unsafe and unsound practice, or race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or ancestry. It is illegal to consider the racial, ethnic, religious, or national origin composition of a neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation or whether or not such composition is undergoing change, or is expected to undergo change, in appraising a housing accommodation or in determining whether or not, or under what terms and conditions to provide financial assistance.
- These provisions govern financial assistance for the purpose of the purchase, construction, rehabilitation, or refinancing of one-to-four unit family residences occupied by the owner. In addition, these provisions govern financial assistance for the improvement or rehabilitation of an owner-occupied or investor-owned one-to-four unit dwelling.
If you have questions about your rights, or if you wish to file a complaint, contact the management:
- Sutherland Mortgage Services INC
- 5959 Corporate Drive
- Suite 3000
- Houston TX 77036
- Toll free: (877) 521-7462
Copyright and Trademark
The information contained in this Web site are: Copyright © 2007 Sutherland Mortgage Services INC, 5959 Corporate Drive, Suite 3000, Houston TX 77036 USA. All rights reserved. Other product and company names mentioned herein, including the names of participating Lenders or customers, may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability.
This site and the information, data, products and services associated with it are provided “as is.” Sutherland Mortgage Services INC and its affiliates disclaim any warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this Web site, and information, data and services provided herein, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and/or representations or warranties that you will obtain a home loan from Sutherland Mortgage Services. Use of this Web site is at your own risk. Sutherland Mortgage Services and its affiliates are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or other injury arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Web site, or with the delay or inability to use this Web site, or for any information, software, products and services obtained from this Web site, whether resulting in whole or in part, from breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Sutherland and/or its affiliates had been advised of the possibility of damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
As a condition of using this Site, you agree to indemnify Sutherland Mortgage Services INC and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) and damages arising out of or related to claims resulting from your use of this Web site.
Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to your use of this Web site and any information, data and services provided on the Web site, shall be determined by arbitration in Harris County, Texas, before a sole arbitrator, in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas for agreements made in and to be performed in that State.
This Legal Policy shall be treated as though executed and performed in Houston, TX, and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and, to the extent that state law is applicable, by the laws of the State of Texas (without regard to conflict of law principles).
Sutherland Mortgage Services INC is proud to provide competitive home financing alternatives to thousands of consumers throughout the United States. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of consumers and to responsible lending.